Sunday 19 December 2010

FoI request #6 - The pen is mightier than the sword

Derek Tickles

10 December 2010

Dear Chums

Startling - That is the word that sprung to mind when I read about
the incredible profligacy at Leicester Council as described is
beautiful prose on the Conservative Home website
(http://conservativehome.blogs.com/localg...)

The local Conservative opposition leader (Cllr Ross Grant) has
exposed that the Labour run council has spent a massive £7000
pounds on pens. Yes that is correct pens! They even have 30
different types of pens – I didn’t even know there were that many
different ones but I suppose they may count different colour ones
but the report didn’t mention that - I guess it isn’t important
really.

Anyway the key thing is that Leicester Council have spent loads of
our money on pens, this is more than 40 pence per member of staff a
year! Good lord what are they doing with them all?

My request to DCLG is can you please supply me with details of your
expenditure on pens in the latest financial year? Can you also
please supply details of the type and model of pens purchased?

By the way, I really can’t see why staff cannot bring their own
pens to work, when I was school I did and woe betide anyone who
forgot.

Look after the pens and pounds will look after themselves,

Derek Tickles

No comments:

Post a Comment